Digital Arts - Intro
- Introduction to Animation / Introduction to 3D Projection Mapping
- Techniques and categories
- Showing examples from each technique along with their “making of” videos
- Pre-production. Scenario and Design Development (Storyboard, Style-frame, Design)
- Creation of an analog animation for understanding the principles and the process (flip book)
- Introduction to the Digital Imaging
- Creation of simple shapes. Fill and stroke
- Brushes. Digital painting
- Creation of a digital animation (bouncing ball)
- Students’ photo shoot for the creation of digital puppets
- Importing images in a digital imaging software
- The process of selecting objects and separating them from the background
- Creating a digital puppet for animation
- Animating the digital puppet
- Creation of a digital animation (digital puppet’s walk cycle)
Production of a mapping project
- Creation of a 3D Projection project from scratch: selection of prototypes and structure, developing an idea, scenario, music, production techniques, presentation and project’s documentation.
- Practice in groups
- Practice: Day for practicing under the supervision of the workshop’s instructors.
Digital Arts - Advanced
- Character Design. Introduction and examples. Concept and visualization, physical characteristics, personality and actions. Sketches and drafts
- Writing a script for an animated short movie.
- 2D Character Development in a digital environment (use of basic shapes), structured for use in animation.
- Designing the story’s background set.
Day 3 & 4
- Importing data in a 2d animation software
- Character’s motion and other actions
- Creating intro and/or outro titles
- Video production and video uploading in social media network websites (vimeo , youtube etc.)
- Augmented reality (AR) examples
- Animated character screening via AR techniques
- Final Presentation